Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Against All Odds

I used to think I was a really good driver. I'm beginning to think that I am the worst driver. I hate driving now and make Blake do it whenever possible. It doesn't help that I've got the female, Asian, California thing going on. Throw in some snow and I'm bound to do something reckless. Yesterday and today I lost traction while driving and slid into the curb. Two days in a row! Yesterday, cars were being super dumb and not giving me room to try and back up out of it. I was so frustrated. 

And today when it happened again, I felt like crying. I was backing up and turning my wheels and probably doing everything wrong, but I was following my natural tendencies for dry weather driving. It wasn't working. I was just stuck. And then two young men gave me some instruction and helped push my car out of the snow. It was then that I thought, even when all odds are against me, there are sweet souls who take time to help others. Thank you to whoever helped me today. It was greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment