Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Saturday on Capitol Hill

I am a sucker for farmers' markets. Eastern Market is "DC's Oldest Continually Operated Fresh Food Public Market." I had to look that up because I wasn't sure how to describe it. Anyway, it's super cute and picturesque. There are indoor and outdoor vendors. Everything from fresh meat and produce to crafts and apparel. We went mostly for the food but the alpaca hats were fun to try on too. 

From the top left, clockwise: the Andersons, delicious crepes,
lovely produce, and blake with some fresh mini donuts.


Afterwards we went on a tour of the Library of Congress. It is gorgeous and so neat. I've come to terms with the fact that I have the worst memory ever and one day I'll have to have Blake do a guest post and write about all the things we learn when we visit different museums or historical sites. It was a gorgeous  day in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment