Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Licensed to Cut!

I felt like I needed to finish documenting the Philippines before I could blog about anything else, so now that I'm done, we can move on to other things! The last couple months feel like a blur. I finished school at the end of December and it feels so good to have accomplished one of my lifelong goals. It took me less than a year and in that time I was able to attend Caper, participate in some clubs, be a part of the Phase 2 team and be the manager of the Phase 2 team. I have no doubt that Paul Mitchell was the right place for me. I feel like I've learned so much and I'm so excited to use my skills in the salon!

When someone graduates from our school they have what they call a "tunnel." All the students line the hallway and clap and cheer for you as you walk to the time clock and clock out for the last time. It's a short, sweet way to celebrate and I was so happy to have my family there at the end of the tunnel. Here are some pictures from the big day!





I took my state board test on January 12 and it was the LONGEST day of my life. I had to wake up at 3 AM so I could leave the house at 3:45 and drive 2 hours and take this super long test and then drive 2 hours back and I was EXHAUSTED. I also had the psycho examiner, but at the end of the day, I passed and I never have to take that test again! 

A week after that I interviewed for a job in Modesto and a week later, I started! So, I'm now on week 2 and it's been pretty good. I'm still getting used to the new environment, but it's a great salon and I'm just excited to be putting my skills to use. I just wish I had more of my friends and family close by so they could come in. Whenever you visit us in Modesto, I'd love to do your hair! 

My hours are pretty great right now. I'm only working 3 days a week right now and I kinda love it. It gives me two full days during the week to clean the house, run errands, train for the Ragnar Relay I signed up for in April, get through many episodes of Gilmore Girls before the Netflix revival airs, visit with my lovely sisters-in-law that are nearby, BLOG, and my Saturdays are back!! Did you know that I went to school every Saturday from 9-5 for a year? Blake and I are so excited to get our weekends back! So, here's to more blogging with my awesome hairstylist schedule!



No comments:

Post a Comment