Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Adventures

The last year and a half we lived in Alexandria, Virginia, right outside of D.C. Blake and I both worked in the district and had some good and bad experiences. I worked for a dermatologist while I was there and managed the front staff and Blake worked for the Republican Senatorial Committee. All in all, we made so many great friends, had so many fun weekend trips and will always hold a special place in our hearts for D.C.

After a year of working for the NRSC, Blake felt he needed a change of direction. After a few months of looking for a job, he made some connections with a pharmaceutical company and was offered a job in California as a pharmaceutical sales representative in Modesto, CA. We weighed all the pros and cons and here we are, back in my homeland!

We found a great apartment that we're loving. It's bigger and less expensive than our place in Alexandria and close to lots of shopping. Everyone in our ward was really welcoming yesterday and we're excited for new callings and to get ready to serve!

Blake is LOVING his new job and all the people he works with, which has been such a blessing. Blake's new job is allowing me to go to cosmetology school FULL TIME! I start tomorrow at Paul Mitchell and I couldn't be more excited and nervous. I started a program in Virginia, but when we found out we were moving, I put school on hold for a few months. As much as I loved Virginia and D.C., I've realized that I love every new adventure more than the last and as long as Blake and I are doing it together we'll be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I just found this blog!! Woo. I'm so glad I can stay update! Love you Ie Ling!

    ReplyDelete